Established in 2014, the Downtown Lee's Summit Community Improvement District was designed to create a self-sustaining mechanism by which Downtown Lee’s Summit can remain a viable and vibrant part of the Lee’s Summit community, taking the downtown core into its next generation of economic and cultural development.
What is a CID?
A CID is a special taxing district established to provide funds for services and public improvements within a district. Overall, the goal is to maintain the district and provide enhancements that may not otherwise be possible without the additional funding. Examples of items that can be funded with a CID include trash pick-up, beautification, marketing of the district, public art, economic development initiatives and much more.
What can a CID fund?
A CID can provide funding for supplemental services, such as:
- Maintenance of sidewalks and public parking lots.
- Landscaping of public areas and gateways.
- Marketing and promotion of the District.
- Public enhancements (public art, benches, banners, trash receptacles, etc.)
- Community development, including economic development initiatives.
- Management and operations.
- Other services identified by the petition and approved by the CID Board.